The company will ensure all reasonable precautions are taken to ensure the safety of employees and visitors in the event of a fire. This will be done in a practical way by:
- Carrying out a fire assessment of the premises to identify fire precautions needed.
- Providing suitable and sufficient fire fighting equipment at appropriate locations and maintaining any such equipment on a regular basis.
- Staff shall be trained in the use of fire fighting equipment and emergency procedures, records of any such training shall be maintained.
- Having emergency procedures in the event of a fire clearly displayed throughout the premises.
- Identifying emergency escape routes and ensuring they are maintained in a safe condition. All emergency escape routes shall be kept clear of obstructions at all times.
- Providing suitable portable firefighting equipment in each company vehicle for use on sites as appropriate.
The safety officer is responsible for:
- The implementation of the company’s fire precautions policy.
- Recording fire training.
- Managing fire issues.
- Ensuring fire and evacuation arrangements are implemented, tested and monitored.