Interlink Security Services Ltd is committed to promoting equal opportunities for all, irrespective of color, race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origins, gender, marital/civil partnership status, sexuality, disability or age. Interlink Security Services Ltd is committed to reflecting the diversity of the UK and to making its services accessible to all.
What is equal opportunity and diversity?
- This applies both to our output, and the people who work here. Interlink Security Services Ltd aims to create and sustain an inclusive work environment which provides equality of opportunity for everyone.
- Equal opportunity is about complying with our legal obligations to provide equal access to opportunities and services for everyone.
- It is also about removing any barriers or discriminatory practices that may affect particular groups.
Diversity is a concept based on the principle that everyone is different in some way, and that taking an inclusive approach brings benefits and advantages. It is about recognizing, respecting and valuing the differences that everyone has.
Responsibilities for Equal Opportunities and Diversity at Interlink Security Services Ltd.
- Everyone has an obligation to act in accordance with the above Interlink Security Services Ltd Equal Opportunities Statement. Everyone must ensure their own behavior does not cause offence to others. Staffs that have concerns or issues in relation to equal opportunities and diversity are encouraged to raise this with their line manager. Other sources of advice and information can be obtained from HR.
- Divisions will have diversity strategies embedded into their divisional plans, and channel controllers, commissioners and creative leaders will be engaged in helping Interlink Security Services Ltd meet its ambitions on diversity.
- Positive discrimination is illegal but positive action can be taken in circumstances where certain groups are under-represented in particular areas of work at Interlink Security Services Ltd. Examples of positive action to enable individuals to reach the required level to compete for jobs and promotion opportunities include, interview, management and assertiveness skills training.
- Positive action can also consist of a wide range of outreach activities, open days, media awareness days, and job adverts designed to reach and encourage applicants from under represented groups.
Interlink Security Services Ltd monitors equal opportunities information of the recruitment and selection process and current headcount. The purpose of monitoring data not only enables Interlink Security Services Ltd to meet certain legal obligations, but enable Interlink Security Services Ltd to set diversity targets and monitor the developments in meeting these targets.
All staff is required to comply with the principles of this policy and to act in accordance with its objectives so as to remove any barriers to equal opportunity. Where staff raises an allegation of discrimination arising in the course of day-to-day working, the grievance procedure should be followed. All employees have a right to a working environment free from harassment. Interlink Security Services Ltd is opposed to harassment in any form and is committed to providing a workplace in which the dignity of individuals is respected.